Everyone has a favorite Latin American dish! Whether its taco Tuesday, sofritas Sunday, you name it. Chips and salsa are always welcome, and so are beans and rice. Check out this weeks delicious Cuban black beans and rice recipe. It is spiced just right, instantly transporting your taste buds to the Island of Cuba! Mmmmm….Muy Rica!
Cuban Black Beans And Steamed Rice
- 1 ½ 15-oz. can(s) of unseasoned black beans
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¾ bell pepper, diced small
- ½ regular onion, diced small
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- ½ Tablespoon ground oregano
- ½ Tablespoon ground paprika
- Sea salt and cumin, to taste
- Heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat and add black beans and vegetable broth, meanwhile chop and set aside bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
Once the black beans and vegetable broth are heated, add prepared veggies, and seasonings. Add in salt and cumin to taste.
- Stir well, and allow cooking on medium heat until beans thicken.
- Serve along side of steamed rice.