When you aren’t quite out of the “shadows” of cooler weather yet, there is no better way to warm up the occasion, or your tummy than to enjoy some heart healthy chili. This simple perfect chili recipe is easy to make, vegan, gluten free, and absolutely delicious to the last drop!
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Serves: 2
• ½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 to 1 ½ cups Beyond Beef crumbles
• 1/3 yellow sweet onion, diced
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• ½ cup tomato sauce
• ½ 15 oz. can of black beans
• ½ 15 oz. can of kidney beans
• ½ Tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 Tablespoon fine garlic powder
• 2 teaspoon parsley flakes
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• ¼ teaspoon cumin
• ¼ teaspoon oregano
• 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
• Sea salt & cayenne pepper, to taste
1. In a medium-sized skillet or pot over medium heat, add oil. Once oil is heated, add onions, garlic, and vegan beef crumbles. Cook until browned for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add all remaining ingredients, stir well, and cook until all ingredients are well incorporated and thickened for about 7-10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and serve with: vegan cheese and vegan sour cream
Want more great recipes? Check out this for morning inspiration!