Let’s face it, during the summer we all try to get more fit and healthy. Therefore, we want to help you level up this summer by bring to you some fresh summery recipes to help you feel great and have sustained energy. Today’s cinnamon candied walnuts are a great snack or recipe add-in. Grab a few and go, or add these to your favorite salad and enjoy the benefits of extra protein and omega-3’s.
For these cinnamon candied walnuts here is what you do…
Preparation Time: 1 minutes | Cook Time: 4-5 minutes | Total Time: 6 minutes
Serves: 1 Cup
- 1 cup walnut halves and pieces
- 1 to 1 ½ Tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add oil or butter to pan over medium heat, and allow it to melt.
- Once melted add walnuts, stir them in the oil or butter, and let them cook for 3 minutes
- After three minutes add the brown sugar or coconut sugar, and stir for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Promptly remove from heat, and allow cooling on parchment paper.