Welcome to the time of year that everyone loves. Summer clothes, sandals, sunny days, the beach, and ice cream! Instead of paying an arm and a leg (not literally but figuratively) for your next vegan ice cream fix, why not make it a date and make this vegan cherry vanilla ice cream with your friends and/or family before you party in the heat. It’s creamy, rich, and features a very in season ingredient – cherries!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 cup dairy free milk (cashew, almond, or soy)
- 1 cup pitted cherries, roughly chopped
- ½ to 3/4 cup vegan granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
- A pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients, minus the cherries, into a blender and blend until well mixed. Once blended, allow this mixture to sit in the refrigerator until cold.
- When ice cream mixture is cold, add it to your pre-chilled ice cream maker following instructions as indicated by your specific ice cream maker.
- Once ice cream has churned and has taken on a soft-serve ice cream consistency, add chopped cherries and allow churning a little longer until mixed in.
- Turn off ice cream maker once well combined, and carefully move ice cream to a freezer safe container to store or serve.