Check out this amazingly awesome spin to a tofu “egg” breakfast scramble! Instead of using turmeric, we turned up the heat and the flavor at the same time, and brought to you a delicious spicy Jamaican curry tofu scramble!
I know, I know, genius! Simple too!
Serve this up for breakfast, or as a lunch on your favorite bread (like an egg sandwich) with some vegan cheese melted on top. It is fabulous!
While you are at it, check out our cookbook here! It’s filled with deliciousness!
Spicy Jamaican Curry Tofu Scramble
Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 16 oz. organic tofu, extra firm
- 1 green onion, chopped small
- 1/3 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½-1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Jamaican hot curry powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion powder
- Sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Heat a medium sized frying pan with olive oil spray over medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating, drain tofu, pat dry, and begin crushing it with a fork.
- Add tofu to the heated pan, give a good stir, and allow to sit and cook. Allow to cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients, stir to mix in seasonings well, and allow to cook for 5-7 additional minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve.