Whether you’re still figuring out the plant-based thing or in need of some new family-friendly recipes, we’ve got you covered with a great selection!
The recipes in this post are perfect for kids, but also work for the kids at heart.
It’s easier to transition to a plant-based diet when you’re own your own. You get to approach it how you want and try many different foods, without worrying about how others might enjoy it too. But when you have a family, specifically fussy kiddos, it can be hard!
When it comes to cooking kid-friendly, plant-based meals, it’s about finding that balance between making your kids happy while also knowing that you’re feeding them something nutritious!
Top it off with the fact that trying to make 2 or 3 meals to satisfy the whole clan can get exhausting – so you definitely want to find something that everyone will love. And we can help!
Here, we’ve assembled 7 recipes that you and your kids will love – and we’re sure they won’t even be able to tell it all comes from plants.
- Who doesn’t love peanut butter and jelly? This overnight oat recipe is a fun way to prep and eat oatmeal! Also included – an easy recipe for strawberry chia jam that contains no sugar!
- This nugget recipe is sure to be popular with kids and remind them of that fast-food chain’s that shall not be named. These nuggets are nutritious and easy to make. And you can make it gluten-free, just by swapping in gluten-free bread crumbs!
- These soft and chewy cookies are guaranteed to be your kid’s new favorite cookie! They’re easy to make and only call for five ingredients.
- These health roll-ups with banana and peanut butter will make lunchtime fun! Kids love bite-sized food, and this is the perfect alternative to the classic sandwich. But, if your child’s school is nut-free, sunflower seed butter works perfectly in place of peanut butter.
5. Pizza Hummus
- Pizza hummus combines a kid’s favorite meal with a healthy add-on. All the flavors of pizza: garlic, tomato and spices are tossed together with chickpeas to create this healthy dip!
- Veggie Bolognese is a twist on the classic, and this one will feed the whole family! It’s just like the classic “meat” version, but made entirely out of vegetables and nuts!
- This smoothie is a colorful way to meet your fruit and veggie quota for a hearty start to your day! It’s filled with antioxidants and healthy fats. What’s better than that?
Even though there are a lot of plant-based recipes available, it can still be hard to please your family, especially kids. But that’s why we created this roundup!
If you’re stuck and find yourself making the same dish over and over, try switching things up and begin introducing a couple of these recipes. We think your kids will love them!
Want more protein in your diet? Try something different and download our FREE Plant-Based Guide For Gainz, a protein-rich recipe guide packed with fine post-workout eats to keep you feeling stronger and healthier all day long!