Looking for a protein packed lunch or dinner idea? Then this Asian food inspired sweet & spicy broccoli and tofu stir fry is a very nice and light choice. It has that perfect balance of sweetness, tanginess, salt, and spice. This can be served with brown or white rice, over noodles, or alone. Delicious perfection!
Sweet n’ Spicy Broccoli and Tofu Stir Fry
Preparation Time: 7 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 17 minutes
- Olive oil spray, for frying
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu, diced
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon hot chili oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil spray.
- Once heated, add diced tofu, and fry until golden, turning/stirring tofu often for even browning.
- Next, add broccoli and stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir. Allow cooking on medium/low heat until ingredients well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve alone or over a bed of warm rice.