- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ medium cucumber, seeds removed and cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium orange carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium purple carrot cut into julienne strips (or ½ cup shredded purple cabbage and/or strips of red/yellow bell pepper (capsicum))
- ¼ cup cilantro (fresh coriander) (or mint, or basil), chopped
- 3 tbs smooth peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 3 tbs seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbs tamari (or light soy sauce)
- ½ tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, hot red pepper flakes, and garlic. Add enough hot tap water (about 2 tablespoons) to thin the mixture to sauce consistency.
- When quinoa is ready, transfer it to the bowl, along with the veggies and cilantro, and toss to combine.
- Can be served immediately, but even better after having been refrigerated for 30 minutes. Keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe originally appeared on vegangela.com