Certainly you have watched the wide array of documentaries encouraging a plant-based liefstyle. Some of the most enjoyed films have been: Forks Over Knives, Cowspiracy, Food Inc., and the new favorite, What The Health documentary.
And hey! It’s great to inspire people to live cleaner, more responsible, conscious, and sustainable lives, but it can be hard to keep up with the loads of information coming from every direction.
It’s confusing, but taking on a plant-based diet is also quite rewarding. If you have been considering a plant-based diet and need a little inspiration to get started (or to keep going if you have already started), check out our list of plant-based essentials to take you into next year effortlessly.
Here’s what you plant-based foodies will need:
- Meatless Mornings Digital Cookbook – Worried about getting enough protein in your diet? Are you missing your morning waffles, eggs, and sausage? Guess what? Our Meatless Mornings cookbook is the perfect place to start! The recipes are tried and true! Each recipe is easy to make, and this cookbook is available to you everywhere once you download it to your devices.
- A Blender – Plant-based diets are all about using a wide variety of rainbow fresh fruits and veggies. Often, a blender is a handy way to process down certain foods or beverages that will help you along your journey to health and fitness. For best results, and ease of use, we recommend:
- The Vitamix 7500 – A professional grade, quick, quiet, powerful, and comes with a 7-year warranty, recipe book, and starter DVD. One of the best investments, hands down. If you’re serious, here is your blender!
- Ninja Professional – An economical six-blade powerful blender, skilled at pulverizing fruits and veggies at a fraction of the cost.
- Nutri Ninja Pro – A best seller for its small profile, and efficiency. Comes with companion shaker cups for those of you on the go!
- Durable Storage Containers – If you are like us, you will need to store your new creations from that Meatless Mornings Digital Cookbook, or anywhere else you find inspiration. These are some of the best in terms of longevity. And for 42 pieces fewer than 20 dollars? It’s worth it!
- Spiralizer – Here is the perfect kitchen tool if you want to replace a few carbs. Replace noodles with zoodles (zucchini noodles) using this awesome tool. We love it! While you’re at it, a cutting board will be handy with this too. Try a hygienic bamboo cutting board!
- Mason Jars – We are all about salads in a jar, smoothies in a jar, and just about everything that can be stored in glass containers. If you are one who loves the idea of pickled foods, jams, and crisp salads for lunch, or even smoothies, these are fabulous food prep containers.
- Vega Protein Powders & Bars – For those of you concerned with your protein (and you should be), along side of proper nutrition, protein powders and protein bars go a long way. Use these pre- or post-workout to boost your energy and your gainz. While you are at it, check out our Plant-Based Guide for Gainz to supplement your workout journey.
- Your Favorite Snacks…VEGANIZED! – Missing your favorite snacks already? We have you covered! Here are some of the snack items we all just can’t keep our hands off of. These are awesome plant-based replacements to some of your favorite snacks. In our opinion, these are light years better than their rivals.
- Louisville Vegan Jerky – Made from non-GMO soy beans, this jerky is dry and chewy, infused with a bourbon smoked black pepper taste.
- Ramen Noodles – Who doesn’t love ramen noodles! They are easy to make, and these vegan chicken ramen noodles don’t miss a beat.
- Vegan Marshmallows – Marshmallows are perfect for those brisk evenings by the fire making s’mores and essential to hot chocolate. These are melt in your mouth deliciousness.
- Vegan Eggs – If you love eggs, but cant do tofu, here is a plant based way of getting your morning eggs. These are easy to make and versatile. Caution! They look a lot like REAL eggs.
- Chia Coconut Bars – These are perfect for those midday cravings at work. They are addicting and protein packed.
- Vegan Bacon Bits, Parmesan, or Coconut Chips – Because a salad isn’t a salad without one or both.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – Who doesn’t love cookies? These are vegan, gluten free, nut free, and just the perfect little bite to cure your sugar cravings.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – If you are missing your favorite chocolate and peanut butter candy, this organic, gluten free, and vegan treat is just what the doctor ordered (okay, maybe not your doctor).
- Vegan Tuna – Tuna sandwich, tuna dip, tuna salad, you name it, it’s delicious.
- Finally, if you need some visible swag – A plant-based t-shirt makes it official. We love plant food shirts like this one over on VeganBoyfriend.com. This is an awesome way to show “I eat plants and I’m proud”.
And be sure to check out our FREE How To Successfully Transition to a Plant-Based Diet guide for a step-by-step plan to help keep you on the right track: