It’s getting cooler outside, and that means it’s the perfect time for soup. Have a taste of this nice rendition of tomato soup featuring chickpeas. This chickpea tomato basil soup is the perfect way to welcome brisk falls and early winters.
Chickpea Tomato Basil Soup
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-0z. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 10 fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil flakes
- Sea salt, and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with olive oil.
- Once heated, add onions and garlic, and cook until onions are translucent, while stirring occasionally.
- Next, add tomatoes, vegetable broth, coconut milk, basil, salt and pepper, and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated for 10-12 minutes. Use stirring utensil, to also lightly crush the tomatoes while cooking.
- Once cooked, remove hot soup from heat, and add soup (by carefully pouring, or a ladle) to a high powered blender such as the affordable and highly efficient Ninja Professional, and process until mostly smooth.
- Now remove soup from blender, add back to pot, and place over medium heat again. Add chickpeas, stir, and allow to cook for 3 more minutes before serving.
Did you know that 100 grams of chickpeas contain 19g of protein? That’s some serious stuff! How else do you get your protein? This FREE protein-packed recipe guide can certainly take the guesswork out of it for you. Download yours today!