Salads in the summer are a perfect way to keep healthy and fit. They are easy to make and delicious with limitless variations. Because blueberries are in season, and last week we gave you that candied walnut recipe, we decided to “veggie back” (because we do not piggy back) off of the last recipe and give you something else to do with those walnuts. Talk about antioxidants, protein, iron, and omega-3s! This recipe is packed with plant power!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
- ½ 5-6 oz. fresh baby spinach
- ¼-1/3 cup blueberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons cinnamon candied walnuts
- Shredded vegan cheese
- Your choice of vinaigrette or dressing
- Sort and rinse spinach and blueberries and add to a medium mixing bowl
- Add candied walnuts and shredded vegan cheese.
- Top with your favorite dressing or vinaigrette and serve.