- 3 medium sweet potatoes (1 lb. each)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- to taste salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Prick the skin a few times on all sides with a fork. Use one tablespoon of the vegetable oil to lightly coat the skins. Bake the sweet potatoes for one hour in the preheated oven, or until soft all the way through. You can place the sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack, but place something on the rack below to catch any drippings, as they will ooze slightly while baking.
2. When the sweet potatoes have about 15 minutes left to go, saute the spinach. Add the second tablespoon of vegetable oil and the minced garlic to a medium skillet. Saute over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic becomes fragrant and slightly soft. Add the spinach (three large handfulls, or about 3 cups packed) to the skillet. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Continue to saute until the spinach is wilted (2-3 minutes).
3. When the potatoes come out of the oven, carefully slice them open from end to end. Use a fork to lightly mash the insides. Add about a ½ tablespoon of coconut oil to the inside of each potato and then season lightly with salt and pepper. Divide the spinach between the three potatoes. Top with one tablespoon of dried cranberries and chopped walnuts per potato. Serve hot!
Incoming search terms:
- plant based sweet potato recipes