- 1 1/2 lb. Baby Portobellos the bigger the better (or button mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 c. Fresh Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Red Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove pressed
- 3/4 t. Sea Salt
- 2 T. Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 t. Basil
-Preheat oven to 375 F.
-Process 2 slices of whole wheat bread in a food processor. You can use prepared bread crumbs, but whenever possible, I’d use fresh. This makes about 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs.
-Remove stems from mushrooms and chop them right up. Brush one of the tablespoons of oil around in a 13 X 9 pan.
-Heat the rest of the oil in a pan over medium high heat.
-Add garlic and onions and sauté for 7 minutes.
-Stir in salt, and then bread crumbs, basil, and parsley.
-Evenly distribute mixture to mushroom caps. Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your mushroom caps. Keep an eye out that they don’t get too brown. Serve with a fresh salad, and enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- plant strong portabella
- plant strong recipes portabella mushroom
- portobello mushroom recipe plant based