- 2 large bananas (very ripe!), peeled
- ½ cup tahini (well-stirred) or smooth sunflower seed butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons semisweet miniature vegan chocolate chips (e.g., Sunspire)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment or foil.
- Place all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender or food processor. Process, using on/off pulses, until mixtures starts to blend into batter (pulse to avoid overloading the machine). Process on High for 15-30 seconds until smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown and surface feel dry. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely in pan.
Originally appeared on powerhungry.com